Thursday, March 25, 2010

Scattered Petals by Amanda Cabot & My Review


Scattered Petals (book 2)
by
Amanda Cabot

Longing for adventure, Priscilla Morton leaves Boston and heads for Texas, never dreaming that the adventure she seeks will leave her badly injured and her parents dead.


Priscilla is determined to rebuild her life and make a home for herself in the beautiful Hill Country. But the bandits who took her parents' lives also destroyed her hope for the future.


Ranch foreman, Zachary Webster, knows what the future holds for him, and it's not a woman like Priscilla. She deserves a cultured East Coast gentleman, not a cowboy who's haunted by memories of his mistakes. The best thing he can do is leave her alone. 


When necessity draws them together, Priscilla and Zach begin to forge a life that, like the scattered petals of her childhood, is filled with promise. But then the past intrudes, threatening their very existence.


**Available March 2010 at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group**


Amanda Cabot is an accomplished author under various pen names and a popular speaker. The author of 'Paper Roses', she is also a charter member of Romance Writers of America, the co-founder of its New Jersey chapter, a member of the ACFW, and an avid traveler.





My Review:
I started reading this book expecting a light-hearted read. I didn't get that, but this book in no way disappointed me. Twist upon twist surprised me, and kept me reading.
I empathized with Priscilla, and was really cheering for her to keep going. I loved that she refused to become a victim of everything that had happened to her, but instead fought to remain positive.
It was really good to see that not everything becomes 'fine and dandy' after Priscilla and Zach become married. They still have to work at their marriage, and they still have many problems to overcome for both of them.
A very challenging, but encouraging read. I would highly recommend it, and I'll be looking to get 'Paper Roses'.


***Special thanks to Donna Hausler |Revell for sending me a review copy***


No comments: