Sunday, September 19, 2010

Making Waves by Lorna Seilstad & My Review




When spunky Marguerite Westing discovers that her family will spend the summer of 1895 at Lake Manawa, Iowa, she couldn't be more thrilled. It's the perfect way to escape her agonizingly boring suitor, Roger Gordon. It's also where she stumbles upon two new loves: sailing, and sailing instructor Trip Andrews.

But this summer of fun turns to turmoil as her father's secrets threaten to ruin the family forever. Will free-spirited Marguerite marry Roger to save her father's name and fortune? Or will she follow her heart - even if it means hurting the family she loves?




My Review:
I picked up this book not expecting much, and I was blown away! It was written well and I got lost in the story. I found myself getting frustrated at Marguerite for not breaking things off with Roger, but I felt sorry for her because her mother was quite opinionated and all about keeping up appearances. I got quite frustrated with her mother because she didn't seem to really understand Marguerite, so it was probably good that she's not a major player in the book.
I'm so glad that I read this book! I can't wait for more books by Lorna Seilstad.


**Available September 2010 at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group**


1 comment:

GoMovies said...

I have learned a lot of useful information from your blog, thank you very much.