Sunday, November 23, 2008

Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: Movies




Welcome to Faith 'n Fiction Saturday where we get together and talk about our favorite subject!

Today's Question:

We've been blessed to finally start seeing some of our favorite Christian books come to life on film. So far, these have been largely low budget films, but they generally get the heart of the books across. But my question for you is...if you had an unlimited budget, what Christian fiction book would you like to see made into a film? Who would you cast in the main roles? Would you have a preference on director? Any songs you'd like to see on the soundtrack?

My Answer:
I would love to see Dee Henderson's O'Malley series on film! I would probably cast Angelina Jolie as Kate, but I have no ideas for the rest of the family. I love this series because it's very real. The family doesn't just wake up one morning and go "Let's get saved today!" They struggle through believing, and they all have their separate issues which hinder them. They're great books, and even if they don't ever get made into movies, I would highly recommend them to anyone!

3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Oh YES! That's such a good series! I read each one. But Angelina, even though she's a great actress, just turns my stomach. She is a home wrecker, and they're not married. I'd rather go for another star. However, it's YOUR movie. Please see my answer.

http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2008/11/faith-n-fiction-saturday.html

Mimi N said...

wow, there are so many great christian books out there that would make great books! LOVE Dee!! i hope she gets a new book out sometime!

Mimi B

Nise' said...

Great series!