Monday, November 17, 2008

Wyn's Sunday Meme

Jenny over at Ausjenny has tagged me for a meme.

I would like to know what people keep close by their computer for books. So I was thinking that I would start a Sunday feature of my own that includes tagging 4 other bloggers, not necessarily book bloggers. My meme is:

1. What book is on the left hand side of your computer or closest to the left hand side?

2. Are you reviewing it, is it your favourite, or is it there for some other reason and specify.

3. Go to page 38 and write down from the 2nd paragraph, the first 4 sentences.

4. Tag 4 friends and pass them this avatar.


My answer:

1. I don't have any books on any side of my computer, but I do have some on the left side of my bed :) The closest one is my Bible. I try to read it every day. Under that, I have some non-fiction books that I'm trying to read through. The one on top is 'Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship' by Joshua Harris.

2. I'm reading it because I like Josh Harris' books, and I borrowed it from my sister. I'm really enjoying it.

3. A couple committed to God's glory places their ultimate hope in God, not in each other. Before two people can please God as a couple, they must first be individuals who want God more than anything else and who know that only He can satisfy their deepest longings of their souls.
One of my favourite authors, John Piper, has made his life message this simple but profound truth: "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." What does this mean?

4. I tag:

Lindsey at A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts

Kalea_kane at Enroute to Life

Southeast Country Wife at I Need to Read

Smiling Sal at Book Critiques

3 comments:

M. C. Pearson said...

This is really cool, Jewelz! I don't think it will be long before you are back on Wild Card!

kalea_kane said...

Hi Jewelz! Thanks for the tag. :) I just got it done. Sorry I didn't get it done a little quicker.



http://enroutetolife.blogspot.com/2008/11/wyns-sunday-meme.html

Anonymous said...

i've done it! :)

glad to see mimi's comment above!!!